REST Admin API Fulfillment Creation deprecated reason

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi, we are using the fulfillments REST Admin API to create fulfillments on our shopify stores. We are providing a location ID to do this and things are still working. However, we are receiving a deprecated reason in the header as of monday.  (It's something we are tracking to ensure our services do not go out of date with Shopify).

The header we are receiving is:

X-Shopify-API-Deprecated-Reason=[https://help.shopify.com/api/guides/managing-fulfillments-with-fulfillmentorders]

I've checked out the doc but I don't see any notes on if the old /fulfillments endpoint is going to be deprecated or if it is required to update the way the fulfillments are created via the rest api in the future. Does anyone have any feedback on what we can expect here in the future, or if using the fulfillment orders API is going to be required?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

I'd like to get insight on this specific deprecated reason as well. I am still getting this exact header message back from fulfilling orders and I changed our process to confirm to current REST fulfillment API standards, but am still getting this message.

Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Here is my json request - am I getting the deprecated features header because I have a null number field under the tracking info segment? We have to be able to pass in multiple tracking numbers for any given order since many times our multi-line orders have different tracking numbers.

{
    "fulfillment": {
        "id": null,
        "order_id": null,
        "status": null,
        "created_at": null,
        "service": null,
        "updated_at": null,
        "tracking_company": null,
        "location_id": 22987843,
        "tracking_number": null,
        "tracking_numbers": [
            "1Z4763410368485001",
            "1Z4763410368485002"
        ],
        "tracking_url": null,
        "tracking_urls": null,
        "tracking_info": {
            "number": null,
            "url": "https://www.ups.com",
            "company": "UPS"
        },
        "line_items_by_fulfillment_order": [
            {
                "fulfillment_order_id": "1984824311948",
                "fulfillment_order_line_items": [
                    {
                        "id": "4396749684876",
                        "quantity": "2"
                    },
                    {
                        "id": "4396749717644",
                        "quantity": "1"
                    }
                ]
            }
        ],
        "receipt": null,
        "line_items": null,
        "notify_customer": true
    }
}
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

It seems this header has stopped appearing in the responses to my API calls so I assume from the 2020-01 API's standpoint, everything is fine with my calls.

All the orders I'm sending are being fulfilled and have been even while I was getting the "deprecated features" header, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Ben

1 Like
2 0 2

Yeah @SmeadDev , we noticed the same thing yesterday. Maybe it was just a bug on shopify's end or something they are going to do in the future, and didn't mean to start sending that response header yet. Either way I think you are right, for the immediate future everything is fine for now

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

So now it appears our orders are being completely fulfilled for all line items, regardless of how many line items are sent in via the JSON request. Anybody else having this issue? We never had this issue before when we fulfilled line items with just the line_items array.

Ben

0 Likes