REST Admin API unusual 401 Unauthorized responses

Tourist
6 0 2

Recently we've been receiving intermittent 401 Unauthorized HTTP Response status from the Shopify REST Admin API.

The requests are created by our Unlisted Shopify App and the erroneous responses are being returned for multiple standard and Shopify Plus stores using several different Shopify REST Admin API Endpoints.

The sequence of events is commonly several requests which return a 200 (or otherwise successful) HTTP Response status, then for no apparent reason a series of requests will return the 401 Unauthorized HTTP Response status, and at some point the issue disappears and the requests begin returning successful HTTP Response statuses again.

This happens with no apparent change on our end and some of the requests which are retried upon failure and will succeed on the second or third attempt. We have been unable to determine any logical pattern or reasoning as to why this is occurring - such as changes made to the Shopify App Scope.

Below are some x-request-id HTTP Header values and the URL Path used by impacted requests (which resulted in a 401 Unauthorized HTTP Response status), if additional information is needed to help diagnose I am more than happy to provide what I can.

42b30533-0d30-40f6-bcf9-61ce6f305d65 /admin/collects.json
259e432a-362e-419b-8951-b904bbf216fe /admin/metafields.json

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9965 84 1469

What app? You're not doing a direct call from the browser to the Admin are you?

You might not want to share the specifics here but you've got (or at least your team does) my details.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks @Jason, this is occurring on our main application / product and yes we're only using the Shopify REST Admin API from the backend ;)

Will ask around to get your details.

0 Likes