Re: Does Shopify Payments support 3D secure

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 1 15

Hey Don,

Regarding the 3D Secure card on the order page - is there any field available on the APIs that would indicate 3D Secure transactions?

I have a client that has a custom integration for fraud prevention and knowing whether order payment was 3D Secure is very relevant to evaluate risk level.

Thanks,

Nesters

Contact me: mail@nesters.me
Technical solutions / integration / headless ecommerce.
Latest post: Benefits of JAMstack ecommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1057 62 124

Hi there @Nesters!

Don here from Shopify.

I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your query here to our dedicated API forums, in order to get you the best support.

This is as we are not qualified to provide API support at a developer level ourselves, so would have to direct you to this forum subsection for more info.

Our developers and Partners regularly monitor and respond to these forum threads, so hopefully, you will be able to get relevant info on how this would work from someone in the know.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
79 8 11

Hey @Nesters!

There isn't currently a dedicated field like '3d_secure: true', however, check out this tutorial for further reading on 3D Secure payments and their interaction with Shopify APIs: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/authenticating-payments-with-3d-secure.

Callum | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes