ReCharge - 1 click cancel and refund renewal

Highlighted
2 0 0

Using Recharge, Anyway to implement a 1 click button that cancel's and refunds the most recent renewal as well as cancels the subscription from renewing in the future? 

On our renewal days, we have a small rush of customers reaching out to refund and cancel their renewal. This takes multiple clicks, multiple pages have to load, and numbers have to be typed in for the referral dollar amount. 

This seems like an elongated process for something that should be one click, cancel and refund the renewal as well as cancel the subscription from renewing in the future. 99% of the time I'm refunding the full amount, for the 1% i'm happy to go through those steps. 

Wondering if there are other subscriptions services using ReCharge that have the same process. 
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1007 66 132

Hello @fuegobox , 

Have you reached out to the Recharge support team about this before? 

It would be possible in theory for them to only require one click in their interface for you to do this, but I also admittedly don't have much context on the inner workings of their app or their interface so this would likely be a better question answered by their team. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

@Josh Yeah, ReCharge told me: "This is actually a great idea and I just created a feature request ticket for this."

Then I asked if there were any updates or notes on the ticket a few times and ReCharge said no and they suggested I post here because they have an open API.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1007 66 132

Interesting, that's good to know - thanks for getting back to me! 

That's definitely not something that we'd offer at Shopify, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for someone to chime in here that has a solution for this. Good luck! 

1 Like