Receiving timeout error when connecting Shopify API via Python

DrT
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello all, first time post here. I have some scripts that run at night for my Google Merchant Feeds and my own data analytics. They do some basic operations like get orders or inventory from our store and put them into spreadsheets. Starting on Saturday morning I started receiving the following traceback error.

raise Error(err, url)

pyactiveresource.connection.Error: <urlopen error [Errno 110] Connection timed out>

I am connecting from a Dreamhost VM on the whitfield server. I am still able to connect to the API through the python Shopify package via my home desktop (same code) and run these operations, so I thought it might be some sort of IP blocking or network issues, but it hasn't cleared up as I hoped.

I'm wearing many hats these days as we run a mom and pop online Nursery and I have an off the farm job. So any help is appreciated. I contacted Shopify support and they couldn't give me additional details on how to debug, so I am trying here.

TLR

0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
310 42 53

Hey @DrT 

Are you logging the request IDs for these responses? It would look like x-request-id and come back in the response headers. That would help us look into some logs for you. 

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes