Solved

Recurring charge accepted not being shown in event history

oneluca
Tourist
9 1 5

Hey, 

we are currently in review with our Shopify app. We have implemented a pricing model based on recurring charges, which seems to work fine.

However, the app reviewer had a problem with the event history and told me that "Recurring charge accepted" needs to be in the history. The history only says "Recurring charge activated".

We also have an app in production, where we have the same logic & passed the review with no problems (no "Recurring charge accepted" in event history). The documentation is contradicting in that regard. As you can find out in the first link, the status of a recurring charge is going from pending to active, when a user accepts a charge. I believe this was different in the past, where you got an accepted status & had to activate a charge manually.

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/charging-for-your-app-with-rest-admin-api-implement-billing-model#impl...

Now, here's the contradiction: 

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 11.31.28 AM.png

The Recurring Application Charge documentation is showing that the transition from pending to active only happens in the 2021-01 release. However, we face this behavior in the current release as well. This is in developer and production mode. 

https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/billing/recurringapplicationcharge

Can a Shopify staff member confirm if "Recurring charge accepted" is still necessary in the event history? If yes, how can we accomplish this, when the charge is automatically being activated?

Also, please let me know if I'm missing something.

All the best, 

Luca

Accepted Solution (1)
oneluca
Tourist
9 1 5

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there,

updating to the 2021-01 version will resolve the issue.

Make sure to check your other API calls. We've noticed different behavior in older API versions and would have to change the code, so the charges will be activated. Seemed a bit weird, since the charges were being activated automatically before January 2021 (in older versions). 

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Dgeodev
Shopify Partner
26 2 8

Hello,

Same problem here... have you found a solution?

Cordialement,
Dgeo Dev
oneluca
Tourist
9 1 5

Not yet, still in contact with the reviewer. Will update you as soon as possible.

I've tried updating to the 2021-01 API, haven't heard back if that will pass the review. You would just need to update the url of the graphql request. 

Let me know if you have any other ideas/solutions.

Dgeodev
Shopify Partner
26 2 8

Hi, thanks for the feedback

ok, I will also continue my tests and if I find I will keep you informed 🙂

happy new year and good luck 🙂

Cordialement,
Dgeo Dev
Dgeodev
Shopify Partner
26 2 8

Hi, 

me too... I've tried updating to the 2021-01 API but not change

History is hidden for me but you You can add 'history' in url https://partners.shopify.com/idpartner/apps/idapp/history to see it and test it better

No solution for the moment

good luck

Cordialement,
Dgeo Dev
oneluca
Tourist
9 1 5

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there,

updating to the 2021-01 version will resolve the issue.

Make sure to check your other API calls. We've noticed different behavior in older API versions and would have to change the code, so the charges will be activated. Seemed a bit weird, since the charges were being activated automatically before January 2021 (in older versions). 

Dgeodev
Shopify Partner
26 2 8

Hi,

Thank you, I'll try it out 🙂 

Only client.js is impacted ?

Best regards Dgeo

Cordialement,
Dgeo Dev