When I first install my app on a test store, I go through the auth process and then redirect the user to approve the subscription. This all works, but when I get redirected back to the Shopify admin page, I end up with a 404.
This screencast, shows the issue happening:
The steps are:
1. In a development store go to: https://mydomain/auth?shop=testing-greenr.myshopify.com
2. This redirects to auth the app and approve the subscription
3. This then redirects to my website and then embeds the app but on the return I end up at this URL: /admin/apps/<api-key>/ which 404s.
4. I click 'Apps' and then click back on my app and go the app homepage with no issue.
So this error only seems to occur on first install, and it's currently stopping me getting approval for the app.
I followed the instructions here to build the app: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/build-a-shopify-app-with-node-and-react and I'm using all the latest Koa libraries.
Any help appreciated as I just can't get to the bottom of this.
Is there anything in the console when you see the 404? If you're still having trouble, please provide an install link (you can DM me) and I can investigate further.
JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution