Refund data not getting sent through API

brianbrandt
5 0 0

Hi .. 

We have created a 3rd party "middleware", where we send our Shopify orders to, and then from there, it gets sent on to our Navision. 

This has been working both for orders and refunds for a year now. 

But the last couple of weeks, we have been experiencing issues, where only 1/3 of the refunds data are sent to our "middleware". One day, we had about 20 refund orders, that never got sent on to the "middleware". 

Here are the code we are using.

api-call.jpg

One thing I can see, but I don't know if creates troubles, are that we are using API version: 2019-04. 

Have Shopify maybe changed something, so we can't make as many calls through the old versions? 

Please help - since this creates  a lot of manual work carrying data into our Navision. 

Best regards

Brian

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 87 165

Hey @brianbrandt

I just checked our logs for the webhook subscriptions in your screenshot, and I can see that Shopify is retrying these webhooks because the system isn't sending a response within 5 seconds. This doesn't have anything to do with the API version being used. It seems that your app is intermittently taking too long to respond, which is causing some of the webhooks to fail.

Our logs only show when an attempt is made to send a webhook, and whether your app responded within 5 seconds. I recommend checking your own logs during timeframes when webhooks were missed, and perhaps test during these times by sending your own webhooks to the app and check the response. 

Although this issue isn't related to the API version being used, please note that the 2019-04 version was meant to be deprecated by now, but we've extended the date to July 1st. You should consider reviewing the changes in our API Version Release Notes, and make any necessary changes to ensure your app works with the new version.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes