Refund response from custom payment gateway

2 0 0

Dear sirs

I have a question regarding refund workflow. I'm using custom payment gateway thus catching refund request, which I make  manually at Shopify admin panel, processing it. I presume that after processing the refund request from Shopify I should return some response back to Shopify in order for refund to be finished. But so far I haven't found any information on which data should I return.
Could somebody help me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 54

Hi, @cryptoqube777 

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

What payment processor are you using?

Most options will allow you the opportunity to process refunds directly from the Shopify admin, like this. Have you had some time to review the orders' Timeline section to see more about how the payment was captured? You can also add notes to this section if refunds are happening elsewhere.

Take a moment to review the links I've shared and let us know if you need some more help or information to solve this issue!

Cheers,
Max

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, Max
Thanks for prompt reply. I'm using my own custom payment gateway on VPS server using Hosted Payment SDK.
It's a sort of proxy gateway, which receives data from Shopify via hosted payment SDK, processes it, sends to actual payment gateway and, upon receiving response from payment gateway my code changes order status via Orders API.
For refund it's not clear for me. Of course I saw Orders/Refund section. My question is a little different.
I use manual refund via https://<shopname>.myshopify.com/admin/orders. Once I choose amount and press refund button, my server receives the following data:
{'x_account_id': 'prcssr-coingate', 'x_amount': '2.00', 'x_reference': 1008009379885, 'x_currency': 'UAH', 'x_gateway_reference': '40', 'x_test': False, 'x_url_callback': 'https://checkout.shopify.com/services/ping/notify_integration/gpwebpay/1385562157', 'x_shopify_order_id': 793392152621, 'x_transaction_type': 'refund', 'x_signature': '3ee44e7b9a96e79a6017fdd28e4a5d22d54f076b05ab02a01973f35e73705566'}
Upon receipt my server processes this data and send request for actual refund to payment gateway. So what should I do next from my server side? Which response I should return to shopify (i guess, I should use x_url_callback link provided in initial shopify request) in order for refund to be successfull?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
578 18 54

Hi, again, @cryptoqube777 

Have you looked into the API documentation for payment processing? These links might come in handy on your search;

I'm also going to move this post to a more appropriate forum, to see if you can get some expert advice!

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

At the moment, our viabill gateway is made with Hosted SDK. When we install our gateway, a Merchant has to enter standard 2 fields, Username and Password. The password is used to create a signature that we get with the Checkout transaction and signature that we have to generate and send back to Shopify. We technically do not need the signature because our backend can validate the transaction using our backend merchant credentials. Nevertheless, we cannot conduct a successful payment without callback signature generation, and we need the password for that. Can get the merchant and secret key of viabill payment gateway from checkout response.

0 Likes