Removing discount allocation method "one"

isaacsparling
1 0 1

@Jason_Tigas 

We've previously addressed this and it popped back up the other day. I've triple checked that the event version setting is correctly specified in our app dashboard to the latest stable (2021-04) event version. It has been set that way for at least a month.

Do I need to explicitly upgrade the saved event version of every webhook our app has created on install in stores to remove this message?

Appreciate the help,

Isaac

ihalilaltun
1 0 1

@Jason_Tigas 

although we already upgraded to 2021-04 version and not using the allocationMethod anywere in the app we still get the warning, any help appriciated

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 14.33.57.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 14.59.38.png

our app id is: 2586985

babken
Tourist
5 0 1

The same here I all api requests are on 2021-04 and I do not have any request where api version is not specified.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
ivx
1 0 0

@Jason_Tigas , could you please look DM about this topic? (I sent it recently)

0 Likes
idsk
1 0 0

Facing same issue here. i have already changed to admin/api/2021-04/webhooks.json

The allocationMethod field on discountApplication for explicit discounts will now either be each, or across. The option for one hs been removed.

0 Likes
Jason_Tigas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
29 0 14

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Removing-discount-allocation-method-quot-one-quot/...

Note to all apps getting this warning. If you know your app doesn't use the discount allocation field and you've updated your webhook and api calls to the latest version (2021-04 as of today), then you can ignore this warning. There's likely an unversioned api call somewhere in you app, that's defaulting to 2020-04, but this will resolve itself as the version is eventually expired.

0 Likes
heng
2 0 3

We're still getting this error and now our app is 'Unsupported' . Can we get some help on identifying the exact calls that are being made? We've gone through our logs and are not finding any deprecated calls. We are also on 2020-07

manuelmontoya
Tourist
7 0 2

In order to get rid of this deprecated message, should I update the API version in all the installed webhooks?   I mean, manually one by one?  

0 Likes
stephers
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
7 0 3

The Unsupported App messaging should now be removed for any apps that are only affected by this discount allocation method change, sorry for the fire alarm! 

@manuelmontoya the merchant-facing alert should no longer be a problem, but if you'd like to be extra cautious, you'll want to make sure all your orders webhooks are updated to at least API version 2020-07 or later. 

0 Likes
devblue
3 0 0

@Jason_Tigas 

@stephers 

We checked our implementation and target_selection is not used anywhere.

API version is 2021-07, both client-side and in Webhook API version settings, but we're still seeing the warning for the "Order - Admin - REST" webhook as recently as 2021-07.

Is it possible to find the exact offending call from our application?

0 Likes