Removing discount allocation method "one"

mierenga
1 0 0

@Jason_Tigas 

Thank you for the extra information about this deprecation and the breakdown of specific cases.

Your information about how discounts are applied under each scenario was very helpful.

I've noticed that when retrieving line items with `ACROSS ALL`, the discount value is not reflected in the `totalDiscountSet` or `discountedUnitPriceSet` for the line item.

However, for items with `EACH ENTITLED` or `ACROSS EXPLICIT`, the discount value is reflected in the `totalDiscountSet` and `discountedUnitPriceSet` for the line item.

I am wondering what to expect for the following cases:

• `ACROSS ENTITLED`
  • `EACH ALL`
  • `EACH EXPLICIT`

Should the discount allocation value be reflected in the `totalDiscountSet` and `discountedUnitPriceSet`?

Also wondering if all 6 combinations of AllocationMethod and TargetSelection are valid discount scenarios. Please let me know if there is relevant documentation for these details that I was unable to find.

0 Likes
Attentive_Dev
1 0 0

I'd like to confirm that this is the case with customers on our private app as well. All our customers got the original email back in January, but when we checked via the API deprecation endpoint, nothing was returned. We were told that we were fine and that the emails were sent because there was no way to be for certain that we were using the deprecated "one" value on the Shopify side.

Our customers got hit with the new email, but now when we check the endpoint we do have a deprecated endpoint response. Is this related to the new logging? When I checked our repo, I saw no signs of using allocationMethod: One. Are we in the clear again?

Thanks!

0 Likes
stephers
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
6 0 2

@Attentive_Dev Yes - could very well be related to the expanded logging we added a few weeks back, which expanded the number of apps and developers we were notifying by quite a bit. If you've already checked your implementation and confirmed that it doesn't use this allocation method field, you should be able to safely ignore the message. 

0 Likes
Jason_Tigas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 0 14

Hi @mierenga ,

Yes this is a confusing part of the code, that ideally requires further investigation on our end to clean it up.

Only the line-level “logic” discount will be shown in the line item’s discount_allocations.
If it is a cart-level “logic” discount, then it won’t be in the line item’s discount_allocation.

kalitas
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi I read all 4 pages and did not find what im looking for

1. I use order/paid webhook which is affected by your fix.

2.I don't use the discount property which is returned there

3.I upgraded more than a month ago to 2020-07 but still see that today for example i got the old endpoint

4.is this means i need to delete the webhook for my customers which i registered the webhook before my change to 2020-07 and reregister?

5. is section 2 exclude me from action in section 4? (or exclude me from doing any thing?)

6. app name is minta video

Thanks guys

0 Likes
konradko
1 0 0

@Jason_Tigas 

@stephers 

We checked our implementation and target_selection is not used anywhere.

API version is 2020-10, both client-side and in Webhook API version settings, but we're still seeing the warning for "Order - Admin - REST" webhook as recently as 2021-05-18.

Is it possible to find the exact offending call from our application like it was mentioned previously or can we safely ignore the message?

0 Likes
Jason_Tigas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 0 14

@kalitas Please update your webhooks to the latest version. You're currently on 2020-04

Jason_Tigas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 0 14

@konradko I'll dm you the details of one of the calls.

0 Likes
kalitas
Tourist
6 0 1

ok did it today.

I registered my client through tha api and not through this anyway

0 Likes
___END___
Tourist
16 0 3

@kalitas Please update your webhooks to the latest version. You're currently on 2020-04

Another confusing part about all of this is no matter what version is set in the app setup page you show above, or what API version is set in the Shopify API client, the webhook's api_version property shows another value! 

0 Likes