Repeat Bug: Recurring charge balanceUsed is higher than cappedAmount and unable to increase capped..

Jeff-Blake
Shopify Partner
35 0 4

I'm seeing a repeat of this bug:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Recurring-charge-balanceUsed-is-higher-than-capped...

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 7.47.52 AM.png

As you can see in the screenshot, the balanceUsed is $0.50 higher than the cappedAmount, which should be impossible. Attempts to increase the capped amount - no matter how high I request it to be set - results in a validation error "Validation failed: Capped amount cannot be lower than balance used". 

"gid://shopify/AppSubscription/22129279133"

"gid://shopify/AppSubscriptionLineItem/22129279133?v=1&index=1"

I think I need a Shopify engineer to manually fix this subscription. 

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
809 95 176

Hey @Jeff-Blake,

Is this still an issue? That screenshot is too small to see but I checked the charge and it appears to have the cappedAmount increased now. If you're still having an issue please provide a request-id from a call returning an error and we'll have a look.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Jeff-Blake
Shopify Partner
35 0 4

You can click on the screenshot to make it bigger.

This subscription is now working because a new billing cycle took effect so the balanceUsed variable was refreshed. This is still a concurrency bug/issue on Shopify's side though.

0 Likes