Request: Add Comments to Order via API

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

It would be really useful to be able to add Order comments (that show up in the Timeline) via the API. 

2019-09-12 at 1.11 PM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1112 77 153

Hi @tgadf , 

This is definitely feedback that I can pass along. Do you have an example use-case in mind if you were able to do this? 

It's often helpful to have potential use-cases included when requesting new features, so if you have anything in mind feel free to reply to this post to let me know.

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

@Josh, thanks for your reply. Yes, I have a couple different scenarios in mind:

The simplest one is support tracking. I'd like to add a comment whenever we receive a support request from a customer that references an order.

Similarly, we're using some 3rd-party tools to track parts of our order fulfillment workflow (vendor shipments, fulfillment center receiving inventory, etc), and I'd like to be able to post updates in comments to the Shopify order page.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1112 77 153

Hey again @tgadf , 

Makes sense to me - thanks for getting back in touch! Consider your feature request created. 

In terms of your fulfillment-related concerns though, I think our coming fulfillment orders feature will help a lot with that. 

2 Likes
Excursionist
41 1 2

An order is the essence of the webshop flow. So many things is connected to the order. Support ticket, invoice, ordered items instructions, instructions for warehouse staff, and much, much more.

It would help my business indescribable lot if we are able to post to order timeline thru the API. This is requested since 2016 in the forums :( 

0 Likes