Retrieving a credit card expiration date after a successful order

Highlighted
2 0 0

Trying to retrieve a credit card expiration date after a successful order.  I found the rest call.

GET /admin/api/#{api_version}/checkouts/#{token}/payments/#{payment_id}.json

I have the api_version.  I think the checkout token is retrieved in the webhook for the order.  I cannot figure out the payment_id or where to get it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1546 76 231

You'll want to look at the order transaction object: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/orders/transaction

You can lift the credit card expiry month and year from there.

Cheers.

0 Likes
2 0 0

That is exactly the rest call I was looking at.  What I don't know is this.

GET /admin/api/#{api_version}/orders/#{order_id}/transactions/#{transaction_id}.json

I know where to get the #{api_version}, I know where to get the #{order_id}, that is send through my order webhook json.  I don't know where to get #{transaction_id}. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1546 76 231

You could GET /admin/api/version/orders/id/transactions.json and search for a transaction that is either a sale or capture with a success status, then lift the credit card details from there without needing to proceed to the direct URL. An alternative could be subscribing to order_transactions/create webhooks and parsing the data from those payloads as well.

Cheers.

0 Likes