SQL connection with Shopify

Niumar_Melone
6 0 0

have a database in SQL server, is it possible to connect this database with shopify? to centralize and update the inventory from any of the two platforms. Is it possible to create a development?

0 Likes
Zameer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 32 74

Hey Niumar,

Zameer here from the Shopify Developer Experience team.

It sounds like you're looking to store shop data such as inventory levels, in your own database. This is definitely possible through the use of our REST or GraphQL API. You can retrieve all the relevant information from the shop using your access token, and then write the data to your SQL server. 

To keep the information in sync, I would recommend subscribing to the relevant webhooks that you require. However, since webhook delivery is not always guaranteed, you should implement reconciliation jobs to periodically fetch data from Shopify as well.

0 Likes
Niumar_Melone
6 0 0

excellent information, now I have a client within my shopify partner that also needs this functionality and the same has the Pervasive SQL database, in the same way is this possible? Now is there an expert that could hire for this? thank you

0 Likes
Zameer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 32 74

Hey Niumar,

I'm not familiar with Pervasive PSQL myself, however, I see no reason why it can't be used to store Shopify data that is retrieved from the Admin API.

If you're looking for an expert that can help you implement a solution, check out this link that let's you look through the full catalogue of official Shopify Experts.

Best of luck!

0 Likes
Niumar_Melone
6 0 0

thank you very much for your quick answers, sorry but I do not know much about shopify I have my shop for three months active with shopify, when you mention the Admin API, exactly what do you mean? I have to install something else in my store to start performing these tasks?

0 Likes
Zameer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 32 74

The Admin API gives you access to a series of endpoints that you can use to retrieve a variety of data from a Shopify store. This includes info about products, orders, customers etc.

This guide walks you through the process of creating an app which has access to the API. If you're new to development, we recommend hiring a Shopify Expert to assist you in the process.

0 Likes
Niumar_Melone
6 0 0

thank you very much for your help, I will study and review everything you have told me, you have helped me a lot with all this, if I have any other questions I hope to contact you again for this post.

0 Likes
JeremyMTB
1 0 0
Hi Zameer,

Will this process automatically create new tables in a database when writing to SQL Server or do I need to have certain tables, conditions and relationships in place before I start writing?
0 Likes
anc_business
2 0 0

Hi Zameer;

We need the same. We are moving from Umbraco to Shopify. But we want to keep using MS SQL as database. So can you confirm that using your REST or GraphQL API,  we can synchronize our local MS SQL database with Shopify? Which membership plan should we sign up for, and is it extra charged per data request basis?

Thank you

0 Likes