Sales Channel App Question

HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4372 36 467

Is it alllowed to make a Sales Channel App where once the merchant installs the App, any products they choose to add to the sales channel are moved over and sold where the channel is just another Shopify store?

In other words, is Shopify allowing that concept of one Shopify store selling products from N other Shopify stores that choose to hookup to the one "Channel"?

I am curious if that is a thing.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
vix
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
534 105 103

Hey @HunkyBill 

Its an interesting concept. There is nothing that states this is not allowed, but I think the complexity comes in when you get to the checkout. If you are rendering another stores products onto a Shopify store - are you going through the Shopify checkout for Store A or Store B? How would it be handled if I purchase a product from Store A & B? The Storefront API could play a role here, but again not able to have the shared checkout. 

Vix | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4372 36 467

Original product exists in Shop A. Merchant in Shop A installs sales channel App, essentially Shop B. So Shop A  merchant clicks checkbox on product making it available on sales channel Shop B. Customer is on Shop B. Checkout occurs on Shop B. Normal Shopify. Nothing crazy. Shop B has the money.

Shop B can now ensure Shop A gets money from the sale. Many way to ensure that happens. Could be as simple as the sales channel pays an invoice generated in Shop A to B. Whatever.

Conceptually simple. Wondering if it would pass muster. Does not match existing use cases like Pinterest etc. But is a quick and dirty way to for a Shop to expand their sales without leaving the world of Shopify. Curation is a key here. Sharing economy if you will. World of mavens.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes