Sales Channel App installation issue

HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4353 36 462

So I installed my Sales Channel App as a localhost version to test in my development shop. As expected I could browse products, and had available to me a new checkbox, unchecked, for the new Sales Channel. Sweet.

I installed the production version of the same App in the store, the one hosted in the cloud, running the same code, and this time, when I browsed to the products, I found the same checkbox for the new Sales Channel, but this time, it was checked! Upon further review of products, every single product in the store was set to ON, or checked, for the newly installed Sales Channel.

I do not think I like that behavior. Is that something controllable through some flag? Why did that happen? What are my next steps here?

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 86 163

Hey @HunkyBill,

When a sales channel is added, the expected behaviour is for product availability to mimic what's available on the online store. I just tested in my own store and saw the expected behaviour. I also tried removing it and installing again with a different Ngrok URL, but the result was the same.

Assuming you didn't adjust the availability of those products between your tests, it sounds like you saw a different behaviour than expected. Can you provide the shop_id and api_client_id for the store where you saw the availability checked by default? I'll use those to check the logs and see if that gives any more information.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4353 36 462

Hang on? So you are saying if in my test shop with 20 products of inventory, if all 20 products are set to ONLINE STORE, and I install my custom sales channel App, the App would pickup all products set to ONLINE STORE and set the sales channel availability to match?

Are you sure that is the desired behavior? It seems like the opposite of what one would expect. When I install a sales channel I would expect ZERO products to be assigned to it. As a merchant, I want to ensure I control what products go on the channel. Right?

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes