Sales Channel Checkout API

shycat
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

I have been working with the Sales Channel API and I am currently working on building a checkout for a marketplace.

I am confused about how the checkout works for a customer who is buying a few products from different connected stores.

They can add all of these products to my shopping cart, but when the customer actually goes to checkout do I need to create individual checkouts with for each product's store with the product's store being the Host?

POST /admin/checkouts.json HTTP/1.1
X-Shopify-Access-Token: d833234ea788000e7aba6af8b1b9a282
Host: channelsrule.myshopify.com
Content-Type: application/json

My #1 goal is to allow the user to add as many products as they want to the cart and then have them check out once for all of those products, regardless of how many stores they are actually buying from on the marketplace. 

Replies 3 (3)

vix
Shopify Staff
540 103 121

Hello @shycat 

When we say "marketplace" for a sales channel, typically the definition is more around a single shop checkout for a large market of buyers. I.e the Facebook channel or Ebay. The checkout API process payments for a single store and is unable to route money to multiple merchants. You would need to process the payments separately for each merchant. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

francominds
Tourist
6 0 2

@vix wrote:

Hello @shycat 

When we say "marketplace" for a sales channel, typically the definition is more around a single shop checkout for a large market of buyers. I.e the Facebook channel or Ebay. The checkout API process payments for a single store and is unable to route money to multiple merchants. You would need to process the payments separately for each merchant. 

Hello @vix!

So when you say that, does it means that we have to pay each merchant outside Shopify (like a manual payment) or there's a way to pay their orders when creating them with the Order API?

Thanks!

KHoude
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi @vix 

I was looking forward to reading your answer for @shycat 's last question

Sincerely,