Sales channel marketplace payment solution

Prazar
Tourist
5 0 3
 We are building an embedded sales dashboard within Shopify for our online marketplace.

We wanted to clarify how we will be setting up payments to merchants to make sure we comply with Shopify's terms and conditions. 

We will be creating orders via the Shopify api and processing payments using stripe outside of Shopify.

I have read about using the Shopify checkout api and usage api but we are not planning on using this for our sales channel, as we do not believe we can distribute payments and take commission easily this way.

Would be great if someone could shed some more light on this.

Thanks in advance 

Replies 2 (2)

Alex
Shopify Staff
1561 81 341

We don't offer a means to pay merchants if you're processing these payments outside of Shopify and creating orders afterward via the Orders API. The checkout API with the Sales Channel SDK's card vaulting is the way to go to have the merchant paid for their orders directly, otherwise I can't give any advice in the official capacity unfortunately.

Open to community input of course.

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

francominds
Tourist
6 0 2

I know I've asked in other threds @Alex but... what about if I want to have an external marketplace that gathers different Shopify merchants (SMs) and I have a single order containing products from those different SMs? There's no way to achieve that for example... with the OrderAPI + some sort of payment flow to those SMs?

Basically I'm talking about some sort of multi SM checkout.

Thanks!