Sales channel visibility via API

1 0 2

HI!

What are my options for altering sales channel visibility for products that I want to "unpublish"? If I go the route of unpublishing it (by putting published_at to null), then it will kill our back links to that product.

2 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
533 0 88

Hey Pete,

Setting published_at to null will unpublish the product from online store - the product page 404'ing is an intentional side effect of this.

If you're trying to control the visiblity of a product on a channel other than Point of Sale or Online Store, this is not possible via the API at the moment.

If I've missed the mark here, let me know if I can assist further.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
43 0 5

Hi Jamie, 

any update on this topic? I'd like to control custom collection sales channel visiblity for my sales channel app.

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Does anyone know of an alternative product that offers this feature, or of a work around? I have found like 10+ threads on this exact issue dating 2 years back with no new replies.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

We also need to control sales channels via the API. 

Shopify will you add this to your API please? If not why not?

I  have a custom app to list items on my Shopify and I can add all the information I want this way but can't set the visibility on sales channels other than Online and POS. 

Why oh why? 

Shopify is ace
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Is it still NOT possible to set the visibility on sales channels other than Online and POS by API call or by any coding like liquid? This must be possible cuz bulk uploading products in csv causes a lot of pain to shop owners like me trying to add sales channels to hundresd or thousands of products one by one!

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Bump. We are also looking for this functionality.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Any updates?

Bump. We need this as well for a project we are working on.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
20 0 0

This makes no sense that there is no feature for this. Every time I add a new product (via api) it doesn't automatically add them to all the sales channels I have to click each and every product to enable each sales channel (instagram, facebook) has to be a faster way?!?!?!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

We are struggling with exactly same issue - the API for controlling product enlistment in custom sales chanel is highly needed..

Jan

0 Likes