Sample Shopify Database Schema

Gareth_Doherty1
Shopify Partner
49 0 14

Does anyone know of documentation, either from Shopify or maybe a project\app you have worked on, which outlines a local database structure which could be used to hold a replication of Shopify's data?

I am specifically focusing holding all product (images, variation etc) as well as Order information.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
rmanke
Shopify Partner
140 0 32

You could start by exporting a sample database of products.  At least you would have a list of major product properties.

Also, there is an excellent app called XPorter that exports a lot of data from Shopify.

Just looking at it's export capabilities and possible properties will help you.

https://apps.shopify.com/xporter-by-eshop-admin

Shopify expert, software developer and designer.
0 Likes
Gareth_Doherty1
Shopify Partner
49 0 14

Thanks, Ron.

I have a good sense of the data held in Shopify. What I am looking for I suppose is a sample schema which shows a list of the tables needed to store all Product data, and the Primary\Foreign keys which hold the tables together. Same for Orders.

0 Likes
rmanke
Shopify Partner
140 0 32

That sounds like a corporate secret to me... Isn't that something that is key to Shopify's business?

0 Likes
Gareth_Doherty1
Shopify Partner
49 0 14

I wouldn't have thought so. I can see from the API's the type of data we are allowed to use in our apps. I am just looking for guidance on how to create a database at my own end to hold the data.

I'm sure after a lot of drawing things down and planning I could cobble something together but was trying to save a little time by not re-inventing the wheel per say. 

0 Likes
rmanke
Shopify Partner
140 0 32

Please post here if you find out any additional information, but typically this is something that is hard to get.

Gareth_Doherty1
Shopify Partner
49 0 14

If I end up having to work something out myself, because no one else is willing to share (understandable as most people don't do things for free), then I will post something here to show what I came up with.

0 Likes
RobinLVD
1 0 2

Hi there. I was looking for some information about Shopify data structure, and I stumbled upon your thread. Then I found this ERD built by Fivetran. Very insightful: https://fivetran.com/docs/applications/shopify