ScriptTags not visitble on store front

5 0 0

Hey guys, I need a some help here which is a little urgent.

I am building an App for Shopify store, in which I want to add a script using ScriptTag by using REST API. I am able to achieve this perfectly fine on my local development server.

Here, I am facing an issue after submitting the app for review - the scirpttag does not appear in the shop page - and I am not able to achieve the functionality that I am currently working on. While, I am able to install the app successfully, its just that the scripttag is not getting injected to the store front.

Notes:

- I am able to get the response for scripttag ID and the URL of the scripttag

- The scripttag is being loaded on the development store perfectly fine

A speedy help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 53 63

Hey @bighero6,

When you get a list of the scripts, do you see it listed? (GET /admin/api/2019-10/script_tags.json)

Can you please provide the app ID and URL of a store which isn't loading your scripts?

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hey @scottydont ,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delayed response.

- The major issue that I faced was about the API calls that I was making for fetching the settings from database - which was failing for some random installs.

- Also, another issue I faced was about the scripttags not getting injected to the store where the app was installed - this issue was occurred when I had submitted the app for review and apparently I do not have the URL of that particular store as it was a test store. When I test the same on our local test server - I am getting the proper response for the list of scripttags when used - (GET /admin/api/2019-10/script_tags.json). This particular scenario occur randomly.

- Do you suggest any alternatives for database fetching calls within the injected scripttags? Right now, we are using API calls to our Laravel Controllers for fetching data from database for the particular store.

Seeking for help from your end with some guidance - which would help us submit the app again with zero errors/issues in the app.

Regards!

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hey @scottydont ,

Here, we submitted the app for review and it got rejected again because of the same reason - scripttag not loading on the storefront.

We have also saved the scripttag ID for that particular install - but somehow it is not loaded on the storefront - can you please guide me here with some pointers to check and debug this further?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 53 63

Hey @bighero6,

Can you provide an install URL or app ID?

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hey @scottydont ,

This is the app ID of the app that I am developing - 3148887

Please let me know if you need anything else from my end.

Regards

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 53 63

Thanks. I just checked out one of your demo stores. The script tag appears to be loading. What is the app supposed to do?

0 Likes
5 0 0

Hey @scottydont 

Thank you for your response.

Basically, I am displaying a popup for accepting Carbon Debt Charges for every purchase that is made on the store which has the app installed.

You are able to see the scripttag loaded on our development store - but, when I submit the app for review, the reviewer is not able to get the scripttag loaded on the store front - while the scripttag is inserted perfectly fine as per our logs and the scripttag ID which we get after installation of the app.

Can you please guide us here further to resolve this issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 53 63

Are you able to share your development store (in a reply or DM)?

0 Likes