Solved

Send a follow up email though API

AlexJiang
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi guys,

Now I would like to send automatically email to customers about more details of shipments after fulfillment process. Could someone please tell me can we do this step though Shopify API? (I know we can send the fulfillment email by "notify_customer: true)

Thanks for any help

Alex Jiang

Accepted Solution (1)
Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

No worries  @AlexJiang - ah I see, you're thinking more in the realm of follow ups/email marketing.

It's a good question, there's actually not a way to do this via the API just now.

Other than that, there are some out of the box solutions via way of Our own Shopify Email App or other third party apps.

| Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

Hey @AlexJiang 

So, setting notify_customer: true  via an API call to the Fulfillments Resource would actually update the customer when update occurs to the fulfillment process. There's some documentation regarding the functionality of that here. 

21-27-m8lve-keldq

Let me know if I'm missing anything! Thanks.

| Shopify |
AlexJiang
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi L_J_K,

Thanks for your help.

I guess that I didn't describe my question clearly, sorry about that. I probably know that Shopify could send fulfillment email to customer by API, and my question should be:

Can I send follow up email to customer by API? Maybe just send some customize details to customer at a special time?

Thanks for your reply again, that's so nice.

Cheers,

Alex Jiang 

Luke_K
Shopify Staff
402 66 98

This is an accepted solution.

No worries  @AlexJiang - ah I see, you're thinking more in the realm of follow ups/email marketing.

It's a good question, there's actually not a way to do this via the API just now.

Other than that, there are some out of the box solutions via way of Our own Shopify Email App or other third party apps.

| Shopify |
AlexJiang
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you L_J_K.