Session Data Stopped Working Suddenly?

PhobosTech
Shopify Partner
80 3 10

What would be a plausible explanation as to why an app's session-data suddenly stopped working for an admin panel app?
Me and the sys admin went through everything, and there shouldn't be any issues with a session carrying over from one page to another. Yet, for whatever reason, the app broke at some point this last week.

The only thing I can think of is that Shopify has changed something in the handling of embedded applications. The session's losing it's "session-ness" with shopify and I don't hae the foggiest idea why.

Has there been an update or a new hmac-ish session verification system put into place?

My clients are so pissed at me. hah - but hey, whatever.

Most people, it turns out, just aren't interested unless they have to pay for it. Go figure.
0 Likes
olivert
Explorer
51 11 14

is this in chrome only?

What error are you getting

0 Likes
PhobosTech
Shopify Partner
80 3 10

The issue seems to be browser-agnostic.

I'm not getting any errors per se; but the json encoded nonce and the accompanying nonce key that should be held as session vars are getting wiped between page loads. Which is super weird. Shopify's servers must be requesting a new session or requesting that the session is closed. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause server-side session data to clear itself.
Now, I could just write it to a secure file; but it's weird that this just sprung up out of nowhere. It's gotta be something Shopify has recently changed with their latest update.

Most people, it turns out, just aren't interested unless they have to pay for it. Go figure.
0 Likes