Session starts but app requiring to enter domain manually?

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 2 0

I am able to start a session with something along the lines of:

shop = Shop.find_by(user_id: user.id)
      session = ShopifyApp::SessionRepository.retrieve(shop.id)

if session.valid?
        puts "hello"
        ShopifyAPI::Base.activate_session(session)
      end

But it redirects me to the /login page as if I'm needing to reinstall the app by entering the domain.

What is odd is, the session is started because i am able to fulfill orders, etc. but it won't let me visit any pages from controllers where they inherit the Authenticated Controller?

Do I need to manipulate the Authenticated Controller from Shopify or am I missing some extra step for starting the session?

What method and what controller is causing this, is there an extra step I'm missing?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 2 0

Am I not allowed to use Ruby 2.5.3?

https://github.com/Shopify/shopify_api#ruby-version

Or is 2.4 a minimum?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 2 0

It is odd.. i am able to do this all from my console but not from controllers?  I do not understand

Help would be greatly appreciated plz

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
19 2 0

I still can't be sure why exactly this won't work but i can only assume it is because of the user login sessions and the store sessions colliding...

If i sign in with a user, and then apply the same before_action method in another controller, it will work.

After seeing it worked from my console i knew it was something with my code so i added this:

include ShopifyApp::Localization
  include ShopifyApp::LoginProtection
  # include ShopifyApp::EmbeddedApp

after_action :user_shopify_session, only: [:create]

protect_from_forgery with: :exception
  before_action :login_again_if_different_shop
  around_action :shopify_session, if: :shop_session

def user_shopify_session
      user = User.find(current_user.id)
      shop = Shop.find_by(user_id: user.id)
      session = ShopifyAPI::Session.new(domain: shop.shopify_domain, token: shop.shopify_token, api_version: '2019-04')
      ShopifyAPI::Base.activate_session(session)
  end

It works with that.  This isn't final and complete code so for anyone possibly coming along this, it will take a tiny bit more code before production use

0 Likes