Set currency for draft order

MitchGeorge
2 0 0

This is a must for us if we want to bring the bulk of our products into Shopify. A lot of our customers are in an age demographic where they feel uncomfortable navigating through their own payment portal so we need to create the order then help them process the transaction with their credit card over the phone. CAD company, many US or International customers.

0 Likes
kelshaer
Tourist
11 0 3

Shopify added this functionality. 

Screenshot 2021-03-12 160016.jpg

0 Likes
kelshaer
Tourist
11 0 3

Few issues with the new feature. Does anyone else experience the same ?

1. When I create a draft order and change its currency to other than the default (USD) it applies taxes even though I have it unchecked.

2. Also the currency conversion rate for CAD & AUD are wrong and don't match the rate on the store itself

0 Likes
MitchGeorge
2 0 0

I can't seem to find this box. When I create a draft order and select "Send Invoice", I don't see this selection at the bottom.

0 Likes
juan3211
Shopify Partner
65 0 14

I can't see this option. Is this a beta program?

0 Likes
kelshaer
Tourist
11 0 3

no Idea, it just showed up few days ago. I thought it is an update.

0 Likes
sharpweb
1 0 0

I don't see it either.  I tried on a Plus and nonPlus store.  Nothing.  Would be great to have!

0 Likes
juan3211
Shopify Partner
65 0 14

any news @Shopify ?

0 Likes
GinaB19
2 0 0

Yes, we definitely need this option.   It is the key to good cusotmer service for foreign purchasers!  Draft order has to be in multi-currency!

I have contacted customer support a few times about this, and they all agree and supposedly pass on the message..... but still waiting.

0 Likes
GinaB19
2 0 0

Chat with Shopify confirms that this feature is being rolled out to merchants.  It is very new

It looks like everyone should have this feature pretty soon so it is coming

0 Likes