Set currency for draft order

Shopify Partner
61 0 14

Hi, sorry but Stocky hasn't anything to do this.  THanks a lot, but this app doesnt help, we need help from shopify support.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 3

Just to add to this - I've just come across a very good use case for being able to select currency for draft orders.

As you might be aware, if a customer pays for a normal frontend order in a different currency to the store's default, the order cannot be edited.

My first thought was "fine. we can just cancel the order and create a new draft order for the customer to accept". Well... turns out that's also impossible. So that's the use case!

Shopify Partner
61 0 14

Shopify needs to implement that, otherwise it is a "partial implementation" of currencies. 

Shopify Partner
61 0 14

Shopify, what about hits partial implementation?

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 5

+1 to needing this feature

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I am doing consultation jobs so I need to set different prices for each draft order depending on the agreed amount and to set the currency according to the client's location

Shopify Partner
61 0 14

Shopify, what about hits partial implementation?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
61 0 14

Everybody is still waiting ..... 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Reading through this thread it seems there are some limitations with Shopify currency converter, namely not being able to edit inside the basket?

I have been using ML Veda's auto currency converter and was considering stopping to now use Shopify's which is free. I will re-assess that now.

I shall also reach out to ML V and see if they can add some code to enable draft order currency change and report back.

0 Likes