Set product price by country

Raf3
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

I'd like to sync products from our ERP to Shopify via GraphQL API. Our ERP allows to set price of products depending on the country or client group, and I'd like to know if it's possible in Shopify.

I see that it is possible to have several shops, one per region/country if you have Shopify Plus (but it's not an option in our case).

Another option would be to install an application from the market like "Multi Country Pricing", but it doesn't allow to update the price of products by country via API.

In short, is it possible to set the product price for an specific country programatically (using Shopify API or anything else)?

For example, I'd like to have a price of 40€ for a product in Spain and a price of 100€ for the same product in France. In this case both countries have the same currency but different prices.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 143 186

Hey @Raf3 

Separate stores would be the cleanest approach (you shouldn't need Plus for this?)

You could also do something like have a variant for each location, but this can be awkward and requires a bunch of validation.

0 Likes
Raf3
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you @SBD_ for your answer!

Separate stores would be the cleanest approach (you shouldn't need Plus for this?)

Yes, it seems that multiple stores are only available in Shopify Plus, but in our case it's not an option. Most of our clients can't afford it. So, I can't use this aproach

You could also do something like have a variant for each location, but this can be awkward and requires a bunch of validation.

If I decide to do so, how can I hide variants that shoudn't be visible in the current location? For example, if I have variants A and B, and A shoud be visible only in Spain and B in France, how I do that?

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 143 186

I'm not sure I'm following - couldn't they just create two (non Plus) stores?

If I decide to do so, how can I hide variants that shoudn't be visible in the current location? For example, if I have variants A and B, and A shoud be visible only in Spain and B in France, how I do that?

They could ask for (or detect) the customer's location, and use JavaScript to hide/show specific variants. This approach has some tradeoffs, like SEO.

Let me know if you have any questions!

0 Likes
Raf3
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi @SBD_ 

I'm not sure I'm following - couldn't they just create two (non Plus) stores?

Yes, but then you'll need to manage them separately (different themes, general settings,...)

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Thank you!

MichaelGeo
Explorer
191 3 13

Hi there!

If you want to display prices differently among markets, it's better to run multiple sites serving different domains. In this way, it gives you the best flexibility to control differences of products, but also differences of product lists, currencies, shipping costs etc. You do need to manage sites separately though. However, it's a path worth considering.

Among multiple sites setting, you can further direct visitors to correct URLs based on their locations. It presents visitors the most relevant and precise products' info seamlessly and increase customer conversion rates. For example, you can use Geo Targetly. Its Geo Redirect tool detects your visitors' locations and auto directs them accordingly to correct URLs. You can easily set up redirecting rules with a few steps. No code is necessary. The service will generate the Javascript code for you to add to your site. Shopify platform is perfectly supported.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes