Shipping carriers and shipment_status update

Uladzimir
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Hi there,

I would like to know conditions when I can expect shipment_status field of the Fulfillment object is changed to "delivered". Which of the shipping carriers has Shopify integration and updating shipment_status field?

According to the https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/status-tracking/customize-status-tracking#supported-shippi...  it's only USPS, UPS, FedEx or Canada Post. Can someone confirm that?

0 Likes
Josh
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1130 82 191

Hey @Uladzimir , 

This is correct, with the addition of DHL Express as well. Though it is also worth mentioning that apps are able to update shipment_status using the FulfillmentEvent API endpoint.

0 Likes
Uladzimir
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Thanks @Josh

0 Likes
HariKrishna
Shopify Partner
487 7 45

Hello,

Yes, that's right. The "Order out for delivery" and "Shipment delivered" notifications will only be sent out and updated when you fulfill orders that have tracking information from USPS, UPS, FedEx, Canada Post and DHL Express.

For other carriers, you will have to use an app like Shipment Tracking & Notify app, which will help you send tracking notifications to your customers. The app also allows you to have an integrated tracking lookup page, from where your customers can track their orders. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Anindo
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

That is correct. For any other courier, you would need to use an app to track the packages. Shopify inherently works with these top carriers UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, Canada Post.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
NewMonarch
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Resurrecting this thread. I'm currently not getting those `shipping_status` updates for orders we ship through DHL. It works with the other 3 carriers, but not DHL. Is there a special string that has to be present in the `tracking_company` field to get DHL orders to get status updates?

0 Likes