Shop app listing for my development app does not redirct to app page

Tourist
10 1 0

I'm making a private app and I'd like for it to automatically redirect the entire browser window to my server when the app is selected in the Apps panel in the shop's admin page.

How can I have it redirect to a specific page instead of just displaying the response to the oauth login process?

0 Likes

Hi @mjdth 

I would like to inform you private app can not redirect to your server you can use direct api call with

https://{apikey}:{password}@{hostname}/admin/api/{version}/{resource}.json
If you are talking about public app then yes it will redirect to your redirect url that you mentioned while app creation. You can prefer shopify document.
https://help.shopify.com/en/api/getting-started/authentication/oauth

Any help needed , please don't hesitate to revert.

Regards
Kshitij

Kshitij | Shopify Expert @ Cedcommerce  
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 0

Actually in shopify terms, it's a "public" app that goes through to oauth install process, and appears in the shop's Apps list (not in the Manage Private Apps link). It's just that when it's click in the apps list, it will display the response to the oauth authentication within an iframe. I want it to just open my app in the browser window.

0 Likes

Hi @mjdth ,

It may be there is issue in redirect url , can you please share screenshot to get exact issue?
And related to iframe if you dont want to open your site in iframe, you can disable embedded app from your partner panel.
Partner panel login -> Apps -> Your public App -> Extensions -> Embedded App (Manage Embedded App) -> Disable

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

Kshitij | Shopify Expert @ Cedcommerce  
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
0 Likes