Shopify API - How do apps affect and appear on API?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

We are looking to integrate shopify with our stock and order management system OrderWise, but as we use Bold App to add personalisation fields and more variants etc, I just need to know what information on each order would be passed through the API?

I have tried to speak to Bold App who haven't been very helpful on this. All I need to understand is whether the bit highlighted in green in the screenshot below would be passed through the API as part of the line_items section?

image.pngI am also assuming that any linked items added at checkout by the app would appear as new lines on the order if they are linked to a product in the shop with their own SKU and quantity etc?

I'm a real novice with this, so hope someone will be able to help as the Shopify Support have said they aren't able to provide any guidance, and Bold App are trying to charge us for an integration with their app.. which I really don't believe to be necessary if the details in green are passed through via API...

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
70 7 24

Hi

If you are using a third party app (Bold App - I have no idea what this is) then I doubt this very much. I don't know how everything hangs together, but:

Shopify APIs would get Shopify data.

Bold App data would be stored on Bold App servers.

If you were integrating both then you would need to get Shopify data from Shopify and Bold App data from Bold App into OrderWise. This is an integration from two systems.

I would expect that your integration point (server / software / add on to OrderWise) would need to query both the Shopify API (for Shopify data) and the Bold App API (or as they seem to indicate, Integration point) to get the data.

GMKnight

Store owner and app developer. Canada.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1227 5 81

Hi Holly,

Yes, the data is available.

The App is using a thing in Shopify called 'Line Item Properties'. In short, these are a way to capture additional details on the product page. You can read more about it here. (BTW, if you know HTML you can add these properties yourself rather than using an App.)

This data is available via the REST API, via properties: https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/orders/order?api[version]=2020-04#line-items-prope...

HTH, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
70 7 24

@Zetya_Gavin , Holly,

Apologies for my inaccurate response... I was completely wrong and probably thinking of something entirely different. 

Glad there is a solution. Thanks for adding the links. I will also improve my knowledge gaps. :)

Good luck!

GMKnight.

Store owner and app developer. Canada.
0 Likes