Shopify API OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to example.myshopify.com 443

maniecs
6 0 0

Hi,
I have updated the API version 2021-01.  I have facing the  OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to example.myshopify.com 443. Also, timeout issue( 28 : Operation timed out after 1000000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received ).

Please advice or let me know any solution for above issue.

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 221

From the host you are trying to hit the Shopify API from...can you pull up the Shopify web shop through a browser? It sounds like a connectivity issue from your host getting out to Shopify. Also, this might not be applicable, but is your host client trying to SSL connect using legacy TLS (i.e. - TLS 1.1 or 1.2)? Capturing the packet traffic between your host client and Shopify would likely describe any TLS handshake issues.

0 Likes
maniecs
6 0 0

Hi, 

I have used curl TLS version 1.2. 
curl_setopt
($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION,6);

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 221

And from the same host that's running the script can pull up the SSL website via web browser?

0 Likes
maniecs
6 0 0

Now, OpenSSL issue solved.  I'm facing the timeout issue.

Operation timed out after 10000001 milliseconds with 0 out of 0 bytes received

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 221

Outside of this PHP script can you just use a standard CLI with curl and connect using the same headers, body, etc. for your API request?

0 Likes
maniecs
6 0 0

I trying to run curl command following.

"curl https:/username:password@example.myshopify.com/admin/api/2021-01/orders.json?updated_at_min=2021-03-02T06%3A58%3A53-08%3A00&status=any"

It's working fine on command line.

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 221

Then it must me some issue with the PHP curl implementation you are using. If this is a standard third-party library I'd recommend filing a bug/issue report with the provider. At least things narrowed down some! 

0 Likes
maniecs
6 0 0

Some times or randomly getting the timeout issue.

0 Likes