We have developed a public app and would like to know the submission process to shopify.
Our app will be a public app which is of free to install and use from shopify app store and does not involve any payment activity.
Would like to get the details regarding the below questions:
1. Is it necessary that our app should use shopify billing api or redirection to billing screen on app installation? We are not asking for any payments in our
app registration process and ours is a free to use public app for any shopify merchants/store owners from shopify app store.
2. What are the points that we should ensure before the submission to shopify for approval?
3. Can we deploy our app in our testing environment which is the same as production environment? Can we do it from any free partner account
created for our development process and request app approval from the partnet account?
4. What are common scenarios that the app may get rejected?
5. How long does it take for the app approval?
Check out this doc for further reading on app approval: https://shopify.dev/concepts/app-store/getting-your-app-approved.
Callum | Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution