Shopify Partner
18 0 0

Same here. Chrome (MacOS) latest build

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
46 8 13

Hi everyone, thanks for chiming in with your issues. I'm still unable to reproduce the bug consistently, but I did find out that there are actuaally two issues that could cause a redirect loop.

For those who are experiencing this bug in Chrome, do you eventually get redirected back to the app listing page with an error message? Described here in point #3: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/migrate-your-app-to-support-samesite-cookies Also, what version of `koa-shopify-auth` are you using in your app?

For Safari, I'm unable to get the redirect loop at all. When I use this URL format (https://9f508623.ngrok.io/auth?shop=lee-stageten-store.myshopify.com) but replaced with my own app and shop, I actually receive an error message saying that the shop url is invalid. What do you see when installing with this url instead?  https://9f508623.ngrok.io/auth/inline?shop=lee-stageten-store.myshopify.com

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 3

Hi - has there been any movement on this? I have received a couple of complaints from users of my app. I've updated to koa-shopify-auth 3.1.58 and the issue is still happening.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 0

koa-shopify-auth 3.1.33

koa-shopify-webhooks 1.1.12
koa-router 7.4.0
koa-session 5.12.3

Everything works fine for about month ago. Now i'm stuck with redirect loop

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 0

Okay, i've update all libs with npm update, then clean cache and install again. Now, seems like redirect issue is gone

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

Hi Hanna,

Thanks for the response -- our issue has always only been in Safari. Our developer investigated further using the the new URL format you provided and our original test steps. He responded with:

"If I clear cookies, go back and try exactly the same steps it fails."

Further, he performed the test in a private browsing windows and reports:

"I was able to get past the Enable cookies screen once, but the problem reappears.

"To clarify, a full cycle with login to the store and installation using the `/auth/inline` form of the URL works in a Safari private window, but not in a regular one, regardless of whether I clear all my Shopify and STAGE TEN cookies or not. I have no extensions/ad blockers etc running in Safari.

"Having installed the app successfully in the private window, if I then attempt to access it from a regular Safari window I get the same 'enable cookies' loop."

I hope this additional information helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
35 1 21

This seems to be Safari Version 13.1 specific issue to me. Consistently able to reproduce on this version of Safari and looks fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 3

@AvocadosLab I have Safari Version 13.0.5 (15608.5.11) and have the same issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
35 1 21

Yeah, seems to be in every 13.x.x version.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

is there meanwhile a solution for this bug?

I am getting this error message each time when I access my Insta and FB app in Shopify. My product catalogue doesn't get synchronised anymore neither.

0 Likes