Shopify App Gets Caught in Infinite 'Enable Cookies' loop in Safari

Solved
TSEHE
1 0 1

same in Chrome

sam12341
Tourist
13 0 3

I just tried to go through this yesterday and also got stuck in the redirect loop. 

Is the tutorial up to date, or is there a finished version that is up to date that is available for comparison? 

kevlar27
1 0 0

same issue for me. wondering how to resolve.

0 Likes
aburak256
1 0 0

Same issue. I tried Chrome and Edge browsers, didn't change anything. I wonder if the tutorials are up to date

0 Likes
amrooz
Tourist
6 0 0

I had similar reaction. I tried to run app using cookiless auth so I run chrome in incognito mode. But it keeps prompting that I should enable cookies and redirects.

0 Likes
JonathanMucha
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Same issue here. While attempting to move from cookies to session tokens in my app this issue popped up. The odd thing for me is that my app isn’t using cookies anywhere, and I don’t have any idea what’s causing this issue. 

0 Likes
Marwan1999
Tourist
3 0 0

the same problem for me too
pleaz share if there is an update

0 Likes
Marwan1999
Tourist
3 0 0

the same problem for me too
pleaz share if there is an update

0 Likes
hannachen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
54 8 16

Hi @Bahai-Books, thank you for your screenshot and detailed description of the bug you've encountered. After some investigation, it looks like there was indeed a bug with app links where the host parameter might be missing during auth. One of the fixes has gone in, and we are currently getting the last of the fix in place.

0 Likes
Burty
5 0 0

0D4F16CF-E55A-478B-9639-1E6CEEDCD27B.png

This same problem appears when trying to view the Pinterest Channel through the iPhone app  and on safari for the iPhone. It works perfectly fine on safari on my Mac. Is there a fix for this?

0 Likes