Solved

Shopify CLI app extension lost UUID how to recover

Bunty
Shopify Partner
133 39 82

Hi guys,

I was exploring the theme app extension and was able to create and push to my app using the CLI but I somehow lost the .env file which has the EXTENSION_UUID. I understand that the CLI uses this to be able to identify the app and push updates to the correct extension. Now, I can neither push, nor register my extension as there could be only 1 theme app extension registered in the app.

My question is, does anyone know how to recover the UUID of the registered extension? Seems like this should be the end of this extension for the app 

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solution (1)

Bunty
Shopify Partner
133 39 82

This is an accepted solution.

To anyone who faced this, you can swap out the 

EXTENSION_UUID=

EXTENSION_ID=

in the .env file

the EXTENSION_ID= will get the value you can get from the partner dashboard by navigating to the extension in the app

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Bunty
Shopify Partner
133 39 82

This is an accepted solution.

To anyone who faced this, you can swap out the 

EXTENSION_UUID=

EXTENSION_ID=

in the .env file

the EXTENSION_ID= will get the value you can get from the partner dashboard by navigating to the extension in the app

bloodyalbatross
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

Where in the partners dashboard can I find that? Under App -> Extensions (where you can publish the extension) is no UUID anywhere.

ksladek
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Save your current .env before these operations.

If you still need EXTENSION_UUID (ex. for build deep link) you can use this command in your extension folder

shopify extension connect

pick proper app and extension, and file .env with EXTENSION_UUID will be fetched.

ArchitechproOU
Shopify Partner
99 2 15

If anyone will face this problem with Shopify CLI 3, just use SHOPIFY_API_KEY=... value you can get from Client credentials tab of app's details in your partner dashboard. Remove extension related lines (called "......_ID" in our case) if you've lost them for any reason. When you will run npm run deploy next time, you will log in again and missing values will be auto-fetched.

ShopifyDevSup
Shopify Staff
1317 216 454

Hey @bloodyalbatross - it looks like @ArchitechproOU may be referring to the ID of the extension itself here. You would have to deploy the extension code to Shopify first before the info would appear, but once that's done you should see it like this within your Partner dashboard by clicking on the deployed extension within the dashboard:

Hope this helps!

Al | Shopify Developer Support 

Developer Support @ Shopify
- Was this reply helpful? Click Like to let us know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

bloodyalbatross
Shopify Partner
6 0 1

If I click on the extension I see this:

Screenshot_20230621_000538.png

How do I get to the screen in your screenshot?