Shopify Checkout being sent to different website

Laith
1 0 0

Hi , 

I have a website that process payments in Kuwait , and i want a way for the shopify checkout button when clicked on to send or post the order total price to be sent to our website so our website can process the payment with out payment gateway?

here is an example if you go to their checkout it gets sent to a third party website.

www.eightwatch.com

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
808 41 130

Hi, Laith!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

If your store is based in Kuwait, you must use one of the following payment gateways in order to accept credit card payments at the checkout. The list of gateways you will see there are the only ones you could use for your Shopify store. This is because Shopify has an agreement between these gateways and the financial institutions/banks of certain countries to accept payments in certain currencies. So some payment gateways are not available in certain countries.

The gateways mentioned on that list seem to be all external gateways. Using an external gateway means that your customers will need to leave your store's checkout in order to finalize the sale on the provider's website. There is a list of some external and direct gateways here. (Direct gateways are gateways where the customer can complete checkout without being directed away from the store's checkout)

If the only gateways available in your country are external gateways, then I'm afraid your customers will need to be directed to your payment gateways website in order to complete their order. After their complete the purchase, they will be asked to click a link to return to your site, where they will see your Thank You page, confirming their order. 

We are always working on new integrations, so hopefully, there will be a direct gateway available for our country in the future!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MoKash
6 0 0

@Ava Hi Ava .. I wanted to ask about the same issue but the reason is because I want to create my own checkout page to show the checkout price in different currencies based on the country.

I am currently in UAE and Shopify Payment is not supported so I'm using an app to change the currency and the prices based on the country. However, At checkout, the price shows in the default store currency, which is very confusing to our customers and results in abandoned carts.

Shopify will not solve this issue obviously because it's been over 5 years now. My question to you is it possible that I direct the customers to an external page that i develop to pay? So the steps will be when they go to the cart and click on proceed to checkout they will be directed to an external website with a payment gateway to process their payment and then return them back to the Shopify site. is that possible? and if yes, how will Shopify calculate their % from the transaction?

thanks

0 Likes