Shopify Django App Not Working

abhinavp00719
Shopify Partner
27 2 9

Hello friends,

I am new to Shopify app development. When I install https://github.com/Shopify/shopify_django_app on my site, it gets installed. But when I access the app using shopify admin panel it stops working. 53436589-89b23480-3a21-11e9-9c79-3fb896dd3902Please help.

Founder Descrii Description Generator
0 Likes
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1867 182 777

You do realise that repo has last been updated 5 years ago. Don't expect everything to work - APIs change, Shopify moved along and that sample app is most definitely outdated. You'll be on your own figuring out why and how to get it up and running again though it may be easier to start from scratch.

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
abhinavp00719
Shopify Partner
27 2 9
Thanks for your reply :). It seems as if Shopify python community is not active. I know Django that is why I chose it for development.
I will learn nodejs and react after that I will start developing.
Founder Descrii Description Generator
0 Likes
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1867 182 777

The Shopify Python API wrapper seem to be active and maintained by same Shopify staff who are maintaining the de-facto reference Ruby wrapper. And a quick look around github shows a few more libs or demos that are quite recent.

If you feel more comfortable around Python then why bother with node.js and React? Not that I want to discourage you either way - I just find the languages and frameworks we use are more or less insignificant if we compare them side by side. What counts is what language and framework we are most productive with as individuals or a team. Also, you will eventually get stuck in either one - I always prefer to be stuck in a mess I understand than one I don't :-D

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
Hazel3
1 0 0

Hi Karl,

I am also stocking in the same problem. I can´t get run the app. Can you provide us some actuell github project how had a better version what is easier to get run. Thank you in advanced

0 Likes
RagnarRainMaker
2 0 0

I was able to get it runing using the instructions in their README file here: https://github.com/Shopify/shopify_django_app.  

At the time of this writing, the Git repo was updated 18 days earlier, so it seems like support for Django / Python has been improved.  

0 Likes