Shopify Embedded app functionality is not working in Safari Mac

1 0 0

Hi Everyone,

I'm developing an embedded app using PHP third party library . It's working fine all browsers except Safari in Mac OS.
The problem is, session not getting when redirecting one page to another. All sessions variables declared in one page is automatically unset  when it redirect to other page.

When I turn off 'Prevent cross-site tracking' in browser privacy settings(Safari), it seems to be working fine. How can I fix the issue permanently ? Is there any solution for this ?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
618 45 79

Hi @Shamon,

It sounds like your app may be affected by Apple's Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP). I'd recommend taking a look at this doc and ensuring you've mad the necessary changes to your app in order to support Safari.

https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/itp-impact

Cheers

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
42 0 16

Hi does this issue affect the Choose Product / Collection popups in the easdk (ie. ShopifyApp.Modal.collectionPicker)? Seems to be broken on safari...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
618 45 79

Hi @Jason27,

The impact of ITP2.0 is with setting cookies, so it shouldn't affect the collection picker method. When I test this method in Safari (12.0.3 and 12.1.1), I don't have any issues getting the picker to work. Can you share some context around what's not working for you?

Cheers

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
42 0 16

Busfox, thanks for double checking for me. I also verified and it does not seem to have any issue with Safari. I brought it up because I had a merchant tell me it wasn't working with Safari, but it did work with Chrome. Seems to be working for me with both as well. Not sure what the merchant error was, but the complaint did seem legit. Cheers

0 Likes