Shopify Instagram link is driving me crazy

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi, I've searched and can't find an answer.  I'm in the Netherlands and trying to link my Instagram with my Shopify business accounts.  I have a FB Business account and everything seems to line up but can not get my products to transfer.  While FB Commerce may not accept non-US companies, Instagram says the NL is now able to connect.  Please keep in mind, I am NOT tech savvy!  

I've tried to use both the  facebook pixel and download catalog options.  I seem to get blocked both ways.  When I connect my FB page as a Sales Channel, after I select my FB page in the drop down,  I have to agree to FB terms and it asks for my Shopify page.  After entering the page, I get the following error message:

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

When I go through FB Catalog Manager (I've added the FB pixel to Shopify under preferences), I get a message saying that I have to 'Install required metadata tags" to my Shopify pages (something well beyond my knowledge).

I have another website that uses Squarespace and this took like 10 minutes of downloading the product as a spreadsheet.  When I go the 3rd route of downloading my products (around 200), the columns are completely mismatched and impossible to deal with .  I'd have to manually create a sheet.

Any suggestions.  I've read about adding code to my theme (Brooklyn) but this seems like an extreme measure for something that should be so simple.  

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am US based and having the same issues.  I am trying to connect my FB account to my site.  Every time I enter my page address I get the 

500 Internal Server Error

Have tried everything I can think of, but having no luck!  Super frustrating as I am trying to start a social media campaign this week:/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 4
I spent time on a live chat with a Shopify person. In the end, for my resolution, I had to switch to Chrome as my browser (I use Safari) and I was able to connect to FB right away. It was safari causing the problems...
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
I am also using Safari. Thank you so much for letting me know!!!

0 Likes