I am not seeing any webhooks being sent by shopify for any event.
I tested and confirm in 2 ways,
1. Stores connected to our Unific App aren't receiving the webhooks
2. Used this https://webhook.site/ by adding a custom webhooks for few different events and tried sending test notifications and also creating products/orders/contacts in Shopify store but none of the webhooks were triggered from Shopify.
3. Also, we are not seeing any webhooks from our client's stores too.
Please check this and do the needful.
To receive webhooks you have to check them first: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/getting-started/webhooks
This issue is solved now, but to answer you, there are two methods which I used to debug this as mentioned above.
So, when we install our app(Unific) then the webhooks get registered on the store automatically with verified signing key.
And the second method is where I added a custom webhook from the webhook testing website I provided above. I added the webhooks as described in the 3rd step of the article you shared.
We are facing the same issue :)
Followed the below steps
1) Created a order/create webhook via API call. Got 201 status code and able to list those from GET call.
2) When i tried to place an order from store front, unable to get the data on webhook URL.
We are unable to find the reason for this.
When we tried with admin panel(Created a webhook from panel with the same URL), it worked. So the webhook configured URL is valid.
|2 hours ago|
|2 hours ago|
|3 hours ago|
|4 hours ago|