Shopify Order API Not Returning Order If It Exists In Store

Ralph-HA
Shopify Partner
106 7 46

Hey,

Lately I've been noticing some inconsistency with the Order API.   We have code in one of our apps that makes calls to the Order API, we are looking up orders by their `id` or the `name` field.  We are using the status='any' option as well.  I have multiple examples where we make a call to the Order API with the order `name` and it'll return the order but a subsequent call to the Order API for the same order `name` returns no results.  This has been happening a lot and I was wondering if someone could help us figure out how to prevent this from happening.   It's causing some headaches for some of our customers so it would be good to try and figure out how to make this more consistent.  

I have some examples with request ids on customer stores if that'll help.

Thanks for all your help!

Ralph

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
Replies 3 (3)

Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
318 42 61

Hey @Ralph-HA 

Feel free to throw those request IDs in this thread. If you want to give us an example of a working instance and an instance where no data is returned, that should be sufficient to troubleshoot. 

Kevin_A | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Ralph-HA
Shopify Partner
106 7 46

Hey @Kevin_A ,

Oh man, I'm a dope.  I just looked up our logs and I don't have the request IDs for those requests.  I have them for the subsequent write request.  I don't want to post it here but I do have the call logs, time stamp and stores that the request was made in.  I know this makes it harder on your side, I'm really sorry about that.   I'll have to update the app to add the request IDs to our log for these calls.  Could you still help me out if I was able to get you the call details, etc?

Ralph

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
318 42 61

Hey @Ralph-HA 

If you want to DM me some of the details you do have, I'll see what I can find from my end. 

Kevin_A | Solutions Engineer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog