Shopify Payments Payout report via API

Bryce_Mullen
Tourist
5 0 1

I have been looking for a way to make an API call to Shopify's Payment Gateway for payout reports. Now I know its Shopify Payments are powered by stripe and not by Shopify, but I would I think because they give you access to payout reports in the admin screen there would be a way to request this data. Is there any way to make a call to Shopify for payout reports? Or is there a stripe API that is affiliated with my Shopify account I can access?

I am trying to create an automated accounting system, but can't seem to find a way to get these reports programmatically. 

0 Likes
Josh
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1130 82 191

Hey Bryce, 

We don't currently have a public endpoint that can be used to get this information, unfortunately. It's also worth noting that a Shopify Payments account is not the same as a Stripe account, so it wouldn't be information available on their end either. 

At the moment, if memory serves, the best way to make payout information available externally is still to export a .csv file and work with that for the time being. Though I do agree that making this available as an API endpoint would be incredibly useful, so i'll do some poking around here and at the very least get a feature request created if it hasn't been already. 

0 Likes
Bryce_Mullen
Tourist
5 0 1

Josh, thanks for the reply, it would be a great feature and thanks for creating a feature request for me. I know developing API endpoints can't be easy and probably take a lot of time. So, I also suggest a simpler solution to this problem that might be easier on the development team.

Shopify already has a perfect delivery system for downloading this CSV report. You send an email with the file versus a not a direct download. The problem is I have to manually generate the report. If Shopify could create a way for users to automate the generation of the report, then the CSV could automatically be sent to my email. From there it would be easy for me to programmatically grab the CSV and automate my accounting.

This feature also would be helpful to those who do not use the API but generate a payment report every time they need accounting data. They would just set up a time trigger and receive an email every time the report runs. 

This is just another way to automate the accounting data we need. 

Thanks again.

RobertPhoenix
Shopify Partner
16 0 2

I am looking for exactly the same thing.  However I don't see a way to download the details of Shopify Payment.  When looking at the list of Shopify Payments there is a download button top left, but that does not allow me to download details of the payment.

When I click and display details of the payment there is no download button visible.  Am I looking in the wrong place ?

0 Likes
Rob_McLennan
1 0 0

Adding my vote for automating this creation/delivery of the payments report. This is a major pain point in our accounting system right now.

0 Likes