Shopify Plus API limits / differences

Highlighted
4 0 0

Can someone using Shopify Plus explain how the API limits are handled & can multiple items (products or collections, for example) be updated/added in one API call under Plus?   Some sort of white paper that details the differences between "Unlimited" and "Plus" would be really helpful.

It sure would be nice if there was a way to purchase additional API processing as needed or on a monthly basis.

We are finding ourselves relying heavily on tags to work around limitations with Shopify Search (can't search within a product collection & can't transform search data for better matching (Dress/Dresses,Shirt/Top/Blouse, etc).

We are using the API to add product tags and create collections. We will be adding many more tags based on data logged from searches & will need to update thousands of products with new tags regularly until our "psuedo search" (using tags) reaches a certain threshold of effectiveness.

Any info on the Shopify Plus API limits and differences would be appreciated.

Thanks

R

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
591 0 43

Regular Shops don't get access to Beta APIs until much later. For example, the order creation API is something that a plus member could get access to.

We just up the number of allowed API calls that can be made in one period of time. I don't know if we adjust the leaky refill rate as well, but that is also a possibility.

We don't have a batch API yet, so you still need to make all your requests one at a time per resource you are modifying.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Chris - thank you for the quick reply.  With Shopify "Unlimited" I understand the API call limit is approx 2 per second.  With Shopify Plus, Is it 10x with, 100x, 1000x? 

Thank you,

R

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

We have an email from Shopify stating "Increased API calls (+500%)" so i take that as 5x or maybe 6x

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Ultimately though, why are you bothering with Shopify search there are many providers which would just negate this issue and all they need is a product feed.

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

If you provide me with a cost per month you would be happy to pay we can run some numbers and remove the need to do this. It could also easily integrate into your theme through shopify functions.

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
130 0 17

Shopify Plus shops have twice as many API calls available compared to a regular shop (twice the bucket size and twice the leak rate, http://docs.shopify.com/api/tutorials/learning-to-respect-the-api-call-limit)

1 Like