Shopify Public App On Firebase

jonthornham
Excursionist
19 1 0

Forgive me as I am new to Shopify app development. I come from the mobile development world and love Firebase. I've been looking through the docs for public apps and am wondering if it would be possible to host an app on Firebase for use in the App Store as a public app? 

If it is possible, is there any reason this is a bad idea?

I like Firebase for many reasons so if using it is possible and a decent idea, it would help a lot with our development efforts and our small team.  

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1071 143 189

Hey @jonthornham,

I'm not familiar with Firebase's offering but this shouldn't be a problem, apps can be hosted anywhere.

0 Likes
JoanHodges
2 0 0

Thank you for sharing, I was also interested in this issue. I'm not really an expert in creating apps and editing them, I'm just a user, not a developer. But I'm interested in this topic, so I want to understand it. I like to use apps that make our lives easier and better. So, I hope that one day I will be able to master the basic skills of developers. And while I use the services of these guys, you can find them on https://www.brainvire.com/iphone-application-development/ because they know their job well.

0 Likes