Shopify and Reverse Proxy

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

my question is if it's possible to install a reverse proxy on shopify and how.

I use the reverse proxy to optimize the html code (speed and seo), collect data, send data to customers and other things.

The problem is that all my customers, bot and everything connecting to the server use the IP of my reverse proxy.

I use 8 different ip but sometimes i obtain a error that says: "sending large amounts of web requests" and all requests are refused so the website is not accessible for some minutes. 

It happens a lot of time.

There is a way to set my IP in a whitelist or as certified IP and let them pass through the anti-spam?

If no there is another chance to have a similar effect and prevent the ban of my IP?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
619 48 94

Hey @TheShrike,

What you describe would always hit our storefront spam/bot prevention measures. We don't currently offer any whitelist for this protection. Even if you were to implement something like this and used a wide enough array of IP addresses that our security measures did not block you, there is no guarantee that wouldn't change in the future as our software did. If you have specific performance concerns, you can share them with our support team who can help investigate as needed.

Cheers,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
619 48 94

To add, you could build and host your own site and simply use Shopify as the ecommerce functionality via our storefront APIs. This way you would have more control over how traffic interacts with your site. That being said, you would still need to ensure there's no behaviour that might be deemed bot-like when interacting with the storefront API. 

It might be worth exploring nonetheless.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I would use NGINX for reverse proxy.

This might be useful:

https://yuji.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/shopify-behind-an-nginx-reverse-proxy/

0 Likes