`Shopify` global object on thank_you page

Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hi, 

I have a question about `Shopify` global object on order status page. I need to use `Shopify.checkout` object to grab data about current order but i noticed two things : 

1) `Shopify.checkout`  is sometimes not presented at all 

2) There is no documentation about this. 

Maybe documentation is presented somewhere? Should i use liquid snippet instead to make sure everything order ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello 

You are usinf shopify or shopify plus?

In shopify we have no control of checkout page.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 4

What do you mean no control? Im not talking about checkout process but order status page which after checkout and we have control. You can run any javascript snippet you want. Im not asking how to run this snippet, but what is available in global scope and if i can trust it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Okay.
Refer below link for more help:
https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/liquid/objects/checkout

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 4

Another one offtopic, Please leave this thread. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Sounds like you might be running into this, from the documentation: 

"the Shopify.Checkout.step and Shopify.Checkout.page [javascript] objects are only defined here the first time you land on the page; at this point, it’s a “Thank You” page. If the customer revisits or reloads the page, this “checkout” is converted to an “order”, and the page loads as an “Order Status” page. . . 

Upon reload, both the Shopify.Checkout.step and Shopify.Checkout.page objects will return as undefined, while the Shopify.Checkout.OrderStatus will still show as an object"

0 Likes