Shopify is sending old orders to webhook

dotamir
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hello.

I'm working with Shopify webhooks and using Order Creation webhook on my application. Everything looks good and nothing wrong with it.
But I see sometimes shopify is sending so many orders that haven't been created lately or after the webhook created. I see the order dates are belongs to last month or even I see an order from Aug.

Would you please help me here to know, how Shopify is dealing here? And why I'm receiving those orders?

Thanks in advance.

Replies 6 (6)

mikedasilva
Shopify Staff (Retired)
61 7 12

hi @dotamir,

I can try and help you out here. Can you send over some examples of the orders that you are receiving updates for that you feel like you shouldn't? Can it be that these old orders are being updated and you are receiving order update webhooks?

Cheers,

Mike

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

nick_But
Shopify Expert
3 0 1

Actually having the same problem. The webhook was just added on 23-Apr 2021 and I was receiving orders from 3rd of April.

The webhook trigger was on Order Fulfillment

What could be wrong?

mikedasilva
Shopify Staff (Retired)
61 7 12

Hi @nick_But 

Can you send me the webhook ID that you don't think you should be receiving? We can try and figure out why there is a delay. There may have been an update on the order related to fulfillment that triggered a fulfillment (or order update) webhook to be sent.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

nick_But
Shopify Expert
3 0 1

Hi @mikedasilva ,

Thank you for the timely response. Going through the response just now, I found out that the property being referenced as the order_number isn't the order number being displayed on the Shopify backend.

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 09.42.40.png

The name property was showing on the Shopify backend as the Order numbers.

Regards

Nick

Nelem
Visitor
1 0 0

I now have the same problem. After many months of running fine, Shopify has just sent nearly all orders again as an order_update, some going back three years. I'm not aware of anything happening on the shop that would have touched so many orders.
Cheers
Tony

sripraveens
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same problem as well, I just created a webhook (orders/creation) and clicked send test notification, it sent a order

But just after few mins, I got 2 of my old order which was created yesterday triggered, any reason why this could happen? I am using the latest version too 2023-07 webhook API version! Thanks in advance