Staging site for Live Store

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I want to create a staging site for my store to do the updates and fixes before pushing it to live.

From the documents that I have read, I did noticed that Shopify doesn't runs itself in local system. Any changes that we make gets uploaded to the store and gets rendered there.

This means, I can't do any tests in my store, as it gets reflected to live. This is the case that I don't want.

What I am trying to achieve?

Say, I have a Shopify Store that is live, like abc.shopify.com

I wan't to setup a staging store, say xyz.shopify.com that exactly replicate the live store abc.shopify.com

So that, any updates/features that I want to implement in live site, will first implement is staging site to make sure everything is perfect. And finally upload to the live site.

Is this possible or is there a different approach to achieve this?

Being a new to Shopify, I might have missed/unknown about the development approach.

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hello 

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Pallavi,

Thanks. Your instruction helped me to find the solution that I was looking after.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is this only for design of the store and not for using an app that changes the site?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

What if I have to change some data on Products and test it on staging site?

Changing any data on products like adding variant will reflect changes on production site. So do I make sure that modification to product data is reflected only to staging site and not on production site.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is exactly what I am interested in too...  I want to be able to experiment with other products, apps, pages and more.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
593 41 118

To keep things clean, you'd need a separate Shopify shop if you want to create/modify products, create orders, etc. and not affect your production shop. Easiest thing to do is join the Shopify partner program --> https://developers.shopify.com/. Then you can have a development store to test things out on. 

Hope this helps!

1 Like