Store Uptime - Access via API

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, 

I am looking to see if the Shopify API has an endpoint allowing me to get the daily store Uptime for my store (Would ideally provide me with how many hours out of each day the store was up). I know I can look to see the store status here (https://www.shopifystatus.com/) but I would prefer to pull this data for record keeping purposes. (Also because we have multiple stores and we want to track globally). 

If there is not a way to access the store uptime metric, can you please provide me with a recommended method to get this data? I am open to any option. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
134 12 22

Couldn't you simply schedule a script to do a url request to your store URLs and check for response code 200? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yes, but wouldnt that need to run continuously, or at least at a very small timestep? (e.g, if i only make 10 of these requests per day, I could be missing a huge range of time where the store is down.)  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
134 12 22

Yes, you would need to set your own interval to run it at and probably run it frequently. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you, I appreciate the idea. Unfortunately, given that Shopify is typically up 99+% of the time, this would require at least 10000+ requests per day if we wanted to have a decent level of confidence that we captured the down time. Definitely not impossible, but i think there might be some other way. I know Shopify has this data because they claim uptime statistics in their marketing material, but im not sure if they have any of this data readily available. 

Any other suggestions from the Community? I appreciate the help @policenauts1  

0 Likes